Saturday, March 9, 2013

Workout log March 9, 2013

Open workout 13.1

Today, I decided to test myself against the rest of the world. This was humbling, I am no where near being able to compete.

I finished the 17 minutes with 113 reps. I maintained a good rythm on the burpee but my snatch is really weak. I was struggling to get singles at 135, had to muscle most of them and I wasted a lot of energy.

Lesson learned, if I ever want to compete I have to spend a serious amount of time on my olympic lift.

My hat to the guys who will do 210 snatch for reps after going through 100 burpees and 90 reps of snatch at lower weight. In five years, the game level went from something an average joe could win to a serious competion requiring a specific and dedicated level of training. These guys and girls are approaching level of perfection in their sports equivalent to olympic and professional level.

How ironic, crossfit prepares you for the unknown in life but you can`t afford to challenge it for real as it can affect your recovery and nutrition and or you simply don`t have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment