Monday, March 4, 2013

Workout log March 4, 2013

Wendler cycle 3, week 3 squat
squat 155x5, 195x5, 235x3, 295x5, 335x3, 372.5x3

I am not happy with the depth on the 372.5 rep. I was just going slightly under //. After I decided to switch the high rep dead and squat to ensure that I squat at least twice a week.

Deadlift 5x10 196. 1 min rest. The high rep deadlift are so hard on me. Felt exhausted after them

I couldn't find any WOD on mainsite in the last few days that was meeting my criteria, so I went to the WOD shop for some help. After one or two try on the random generator I found the following

21-15-9
front squat 95# (taken from the ground)
pull up
500m row (once at the end of each round) (subbed by 50 SDHP)

Goal was to do it in 12. I finished in 13:01. The squat and deadlift were hard on my lower body and it took me around a minute to complete the 21 front squat. The last 50 SDHP took more than two minutes to complete.

Vitamine C seems to have a positive effect on soreness. On saturday after the grueling half hour WOD I took 1.5 g and I haven't felt any soreness yesterday or today. In the past WOD with a lot of running left me sore for a few days afterwards. Only problem is my right knee. It feels tight, I will have to ice it and do some mobility on the muscle around. It usually helps.

Today just took 1g after the workout on top of the usual post-work out meal

No comments:

Post a Comment