Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Workout log March 5, 2013

Wendler cycle 3 week 3 bench press/weighted pull up

Bench 95x5, 120x5, 145x3, 182.5x5, 206x3, 230x2
pissed got bothered by a muscle on the right upper tight and couldn't risk without a spot to do a 3 rep. Got up took 10 second and did an additional rep at 230. This is the proof that the bench press is more than just an upper body exercise.

Weighted pull up  bw x3x3, bw+25 x5, bw+52.5x3, bw+82.5x3 This one went as expected

finished with Bench 5x10 @ 121 (1min rest), fairly easy, tried to be as explosive as possible on each rep.

I am looking forward to take my deload week. The increasing weight is slowly taking a toll on my body and recovery is getting harder and harder. It takes me about two hours after the workout before I am back at 100% of my energy. My right knee is starting to bother me again but that is most probably due to saturday running. Starting now, I will continue to eat clean but will try to increase intake.  I will also do some mobility work focus on my right leg.

I should also work on reducing stress but these days it's not as easy. I am finishing my first contract at the end of the month and I am working on building my marketing story and getting new mandates. I also started this week studying to get my PMP at the end of the month. I did my master in management for technology project so it's mostly review and getting accustomed to the naming convention but it's taking time nonetheless. Last but not least I still have to take care of my wife and my three boys. All this to say that reducing stress and increasing sleep this month will be hard.

Staying busy is what keeps me alive, but I beleive that getting quality rest is also critical for performance, both physically and intellectually. Resting is something, I personally have a hard time doing. I need to work on accepting that I need rest and be ok with not always be doing something "productive". Letting my body rebuild and my brain absorb and process my recent experiences to come back stronger, wiser and smarter.  


No comments:

Post a Comment