Thursday, April 25, 2013

Workout log April 25, 2013

Wendler cycle 5 week 2 Deadlift
Life with the consulting and the three kids is really taking a toll on the recovery. 18 months is still having a hard time doing full nights and I keep running around for school, daycare and soccer practices and completing my tax return before the end of the month.

I was reading article on the facebook COO Sandberg and felt that what she is saying about women probably also in parts applies more and more to modern men. These days I feel, I am making compromises everywhere. I feel guilty cause I don't spend enough time with the kids and I also feel guilty cause I am not working hard enough on promoting my business the way I would like to. I am stuck with a 40 hours/week contract and have a hard time working off hours on growing the marketing side of the business. Workout, family and the bad sleep are just draining my energy away.  At least I don't have pressure from other father about my choices.

This morning I didn't felt it but I went through anyway. I rarely miss workout unless I am extremely sick. I wasn't expecting anything stellar today

Deadlift
165x5, 205x5, 245x3, 328x3, 350x3, 370x3 Didn't push myself enough on the fourth rep and failed it. Last year before that program, on a that like this 370 wouldn't have gone up a single time so I guess I am ok given the circumstances

5x10 at 205 1 min rest

I finished with an earlier CFFB WOD

10 rnd for time
7 45# plate slam
5 toe to the bar

in 9:21., I have no clue if that's good but rest between exercises was fairly short ( a few second at most)

No comments:

Post a Comment