Thursday, February 7, 2013

Workout Log Feb 7, 2013

Wendler cycle 2 week 3 deadlift
Still haven't fully recovered from the sore throat and number 3 (15 months) started a cold and kept waking up all night. I woke up every hour or two during the night so rest is still very bad. I also think that food intake is sub par because of the pain every time I swallow something.

But I feel physically stronger this morning. Ok I gave enough reasons on why my performance was average this morning :), let's get the results

 DL
155x5, 192.5x5, 230x3, 287.5x5, 326x3, 365x4
192.5 5x10

Then I was completly washed but went ahead with the following WOD
20 front squat at 205# (that was tough after the deadlift)
30 box jump 26" (started with around 30" but my legs just couldn't take it anymore)
40 KB swing 55#
50 45# thruster (was supposed to be wall ball but at -20C this morning didn't felt like opening the garage door to do my wall ball)

Took long break and all reps where broken in multiple smaller sets. 14:10. Not sure doing a WOD after the Wendler DL is a great idea. Heavy volume of DL sucks everything out. I weighted myself after the workout and was at 192#. I beleive it is mostly water, since I sweated a lot during the workout.

One final comment, I recommand knee wrap for those like me that have aging knees. Ever since I started using them my knees feel much better. Some say they can help you lift more because of the elastic effect they create around the knee. Personally I don't really care, I lift in my basement to stay in shape and lift heavier. As long as my lift keep increasing and my knees don't hurt, I am happy. In the grand scheme of thing what does it really change if I squat 420 with wrap vs 415 without. Anyway if things goes well I will be squating 420 without wrap next month anyway :).


No comments:

Post a Comment