Monday, February 18, 2013

Workout log Feb 18, 2013

Workout log Feb 15, 2013
On Saturday my second son had a soccer tournament and I had to be there at 6:30 in the morning. I decided to to my Saturday WOD on Friday Feb 14 instead.

7 rounds
7 push jerk 155
7 C2B pullup
7 burpee

it took me 20:35 and I was completly washed. I am not used to workout in late afternoon. I even had a hard time sleeping that night.

I noticed that mainsite increased the weight of his WOD in the last two years. Today I was push jerk 155 and the other day there was 205# front squat programed. In 2009-10 you would rarely see anything overhead above 95 and squat above 150 in a WOD. Personnaly I think it's a good thing, but I doubt that anyone now can do this WOD as Rxd without any additionnal strength training.

I wonder how long someone who never trainend before can reach those numbers in a WOD by doing only mainsite programming. Strength takes constant progressive effort on a long period to build nothing mainsite offers.

Wendler cycle 3 week 1 squat

I keep on loosing weight. This morning I was around 192. It is impacting my results.

Squat 155x5, 195x5, 230x3, 295x5, 315x5, 335x6 frustrated I don't eat enough carbs, after the 6th rep I was feeling dizzy and I had to rerack. When you don't eat grains it's hard to get the proper amount of carbs. You have to eat a lot of bananas and potatoes. If weight keeps on going down I will add a heavy carb meal here in there in the week to refill my glucogene stores.

Squat 196x5x10

AMRAP 15 minutes
10 2pood KB swing
10 box jump 24"
10 ring dip

7 rounds + 10 swing

the last minutes had me pumping hard, but I was able to better pace myself at least during the first 10 minutes, I was able to keep going without having to stop to catch my breath every few reps

No comments:

Post a Comment