Thursday, February 14, 2013

Workout log Feb 14, 2013

Wendler cycle 2 week 4 Deadlift
Deadlift 155x4x5, 192.5x5, 230x5 Deload

Warm temperature today (-1C) perfect opportunity to do a running WOD. I remember how good I felt after running. It's difficult to express the feeling. You feel like your lungs and blood were cleaned from all the crap that was stuck inside. So I decided to do the
3RFT
800m
2min rest

When I was training on main site exclusively and weighting 185, I used to run at least the first two 800 under 3 min. in the 2:55-3:00 range.

Today at 194 my times where 3:15, 4:00 and 3:55. First run was acceptable but I crashed on the other two. Still a long way from my pre CFFB performance. I must add that I am not yet 100% fully recovered from the bug that attacked my throat last week.

For those who think that they can maintain high level of conditionning on CFFB alone, from personnal experience I can tell you that it won't happen. It's a great program for building strength and explosion while keeping an acceptable level of conditionning, but it won't keep you at a below 20 min 5k, or with the metabolic engine to seriously compete in crossfit competition.

And that is fine, because nowhere John W. claims that it will. His program does exactly what it says, build power athlete. Which brings us back to "what are your goal? Choose a program accordingly".



No comments:

Post a Comment