Friday, August 23, 2013

Workout log August 23, 2013

Wendler cycle 9 week 3 Press

Press 75x5, 90x5, 105x3, 131x5, 149x3, 166x1

All set relatively easy, progressing on the press

Press 5x10 at 90, 1 min rest.  last set was hard

finished with

for time
100 pullup
100 pushup
100 situp
100 squat

in 20:40. I am slow with bodyweight movement. Pull up took me around 7 minute. I used to do that one in the 15 min range

I am now thinking about building a new program with more periodization to see how my body will react to it

I was thinking of rotating Smolov Jr cycle on each lift and keeping simple Wendler 531 for the opposite body part. I need to figure out how to also include short Metcon in the mix. The fourth week I would only lift a max rep on that lift. I am also thinking to maintain the Wendler rate of progression. The increased strength acquired during the Smolov would allow me to perform more rep than prescribed on the last set during the 3 other months until I hit the lift on Smolov again.

For the next cycle I am therefore planning to do
Monday Squat Smolov + Short Metcon/Sprint
Tuesday Wendler Bench
Wednesday Squat Smolov + Short Metcon/Sprint
Thursday Rest
Friday Squat Smolov + Wendler Press
Saturday Squat Smolov + Short Metcon/Sprint
Sunday Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment