Thursday, January 17, 2013

January 17, 2013 workout log

Wendler 1st cycle deload week
Deadlift 150x5,150x5,150x5 | 150x5, 187.5x5, 225x5

I have a hard time convincing myself that Wendler program will work. The 225x5 set felt heavy today. I am getting anxious to start next cycle and see how my body reacts to this new training protocol.

conditionning:
For time: 30 HSPU, 40 kip pullup, 50 Kb swing 55#, 60 situp, 70 burpee
took me a pathetic 23:03 to complete.

I remember being able to do that workout around 17 minutes. The HSPU took me almost 8 minutes to complete. On the bright side I am starting to learn how to kip them, but technique is still not good and I still waste a lot of energy during their execution.

It was humbling and it reminded me when I started CFFB, 2 years ago, after 1.5 year of main site crossift. At that time, my body wasn't able to work in short burst of really high intensity and I remember feeling that I wasn't able to give everything I got in a burst of 15 sec. Now it's the opposite I start very strong but I have a hard time maintaing a steady output.

But somehow it felt good to push myself like that for 20+ minutes. Brings me the good memory of doing mainsite and helped me understand why so many people get hooked to metcons. But I have to stay focus and remember how destroyed I felt when I used to follow their 3:1 regiment. Weights on the strength side are currenly low and recovery is still fairly easy. As the weight increase I might need to reduce the metcon from 3 to 2 per week depending on how well I recover.

I keep the diet relatively clean, no grain.

No comments:

Post a Comment